Scope of Practice
Unfortunately, not all business transactions turn out as we hoped when we entered into them. Occasionally we might find it necessary to take a dispute to court for resolution, and sometimes business people find themselves drawn into lawsuits that they never saw coming. In these situations, you need the services of experienced business litigators, like those in the business litigation section of Bell, Moore & Richter, S.C.
In the defense of business litigation, we bring to bear the experience and judgment of seasoned practitioners from both business and transactional counselors, on the one hand, and proven civil litigation practitioners on the other. We have defended a broad spectrum of business litigation cases involving multi-million dollar disputes involving:
- Business partners
- Breach of non-compete agreements, production or delivery contracts
- Construction industry claims among owners
- Designers and contractors ranging from school "sick building" claims to defective aggregated siding panels on a high rise hotel
- Employee discrimination or benefit claims
- Misappropriation of trade secrets, client lists and intellectual property
- Owners and investors in closely held businesses
- Shareholder derrivative based claims
In fact, if you are in business, you will likely be involved in some type of business litigation, either as a plaintiff pursusing your rights and remedies, or as a defendant standing your ground.
We have defended countless extra-contractual insurance company bad faith claims and lenders in bad faith claims, as well. Our depth of knowledge and experience in litigation of insurance coverage issues is of great value to our business litigation clients.
- Ward I. Richter, named Madison's 2014 Best Lawyer by Specialty - Bet-the-Company Litigation.
David McFarlane - Fellowship in the American College of Trial Attorneys
Bell, Moore & Richter is very pleased to announce that on September 16, 2016, David McFarlane was sworn in as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Attorneys at its annual meeting in Philadelphia.
David G. Ress Recognized as a 2016 "Up and Coming" Lawyer
David G. Ress has been recognized by the Wisconsin Law Journal as a 2016 "Up and Coming" Lawyer (Read more).